You are ready to ride, but are you “ride ready” for the fall 2019 NICA season? Everyone will need to be registered with the team prior to beginning practice in early July; first practice TBD.
NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling League) Pit Zone is now open to register for the summer & fall season.
- All Coaches, as well as Middle School & High School-aged team members will need to register with NICA.
- Racing is, of course, still optional.
- If you have not registered with NICA in the past you will need an invite from the Head Coach.
- NICA provides the insurance and curriculum for our practices, racing & other activities from July through November, and is the operating model our team is based on.
- Those wishing to opt out of the NICA program may resume activities with the team in Spring 2020.
- Elementary-aged team members are not eligible for NICA but may participate in concurrent, separate practice sessions on Saturdays throughout the summer.
- NICA-Virginia activities for 2019 include 4 races (at additional cost), Adventure Weekend, GRiT (Girls Riding Together) and Teen Trail Corps. Schedule here.
NICA provides more comprehensive insurance for our team, as well as incorporating best practices for keeping our student-athletes safe & healthy. Their program needs our support to continue the mission of getting “more kids on bikes”. If costs are a concern, or if you would like more information, please contact Coach Mike Lang at email@example.com.